The Private Hospitals Association (PHA) is the representative body for the independently-funded hospital sector in Ireland.
Our 18 member hospitals play an essential role in the delivery of acute and mental health services, accounting for almost one-third of the acute hospitals in Ireland.
- Care for over 1,000,000 patients annually
- Offer over 750,000 bed nights to the Irish healthcare system each year
- Provide 1 in every 5 hospital beds in the country
- Carry out over 300,000 surgical procedures annually including over half of all spinal and cardiac surgeries
- Complete 2,000,000 diagnostic tests per annum
- Employ over 9,500 highly-trained staff across the country
- Are fully accredited by internationally recognised accreditation bodies