Statement by Private Hospitals Association on Budget 2019
Private Hospitals statement re #Ophelia – 08.00 Monday 16 October
- Private Hospitals across Ireland are open and prioritising urgent cases today.
- They are also on stand-by to assist the emergency services and wider health system if any extraordinary pressures arise due to Ophelia.
- Patients with appointments scheduled for Monday & Tuesday should contact their hospital if they have any questions about their planned treatment. Hospitals that have decided to postpone treatments and out-patient appointments will be contacting all affected patients directly.
- We are encouraging patients to follow national travel advice and not to travel where weather conditions may create risks. In these circumstances treatment will be rescheduled.
- We hope most staff in private and public hospitals will be in a position to travel safely to work today.