Private Hospitals’ contribution to the Irish Healthcare System
PHA members operate almost one-third of the acute hospitals in Ireland. We contribute significantly to the provision of high quality, value-for-money health care to the population.
- Promote quality and efficient healthcare for patients of private hospitals in Ireland
- Assist in the overall improvement of healthcare management and policies through the development and exchange of practices, procedures, innovation and other appropriate information among hospital managers, clinicians, policy makers and consumers
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship with the publicly funded health system
- Create and maintain a climate in which the private hospital sector in Ireland can grow, develop and be competitive nationally and internationally
- Foster a greater public, official and political awareness of the nature and working of private hospital sector as an essential and integral part of the fabric of the nation’s hospital infrastructure
- Provide a single forum for the private hospital sector, within which issues of common concern can be jointly identified, acted upon and resolved